SPECIAL CAMPING AND GLAMPING IN THE HEART OF NORTHUMBERLAND AND HADRIAN’S WALL
Escape into nature and relax
Escape into nature and relax
Our campsite is warm and welcoming to everyone and we work hard to recognise special requirements that guests may have and to alter or change things to provide the best service we can.
If you are planning a camping trip with us at Hadrians Wall Campsite and you or someone in your party requires additional help of any kind for any reason, whether that’s a physical disability or a disability that is not obvious to see, we do understand that you may have concerns, or you may be anxious. We are here to help and will do all we can to adapt our approach to ensure your campsite experience is a good, relaxing and enjoyable one
We will do our best to recognise a need when we meet you, but we can do much more if we know in advance.
Many of our guests are from the LGBTQ+ community and we see lots of guests returning to us every year. Our campsite is warm and welcoming to everyone and we take a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination.
Every year we see an increase in European guests. We speak English and Welsh at Hadrians Wall Campsite but do our best to communicate in other languages. We have a basic vocabulary in French, German and Spanish but we have translation software at our reception. We are always happy to take more time and to make telephone calls on behalf of our guests.
We have listed below some of the things we currently do at Hadrian’s Wall Campsite to help guests with specific needs have a great experience. Do please drop us an email or give us a call if you have any questions at all or if we can help in any other way.
We are genuinely happy to help you 😊
Tracy & Steve
1. We will always try and understand the needs of a guest at check in and adjust our briefing of the campsite and local information as needed.
2. We have an accessible bathroom in our shower block with good access.
3. We understand that not everyone is comfortable changing in a communal area and so our accessible bathroom is available for private use
4. Most steps and sloping pathways have handrails around the campsite.
5. Many of our pitches are on terraces accessed by gravel paths. We can allocate flat and accessible pitches near to our facilities building by request if you have mobility problems
6. We have low level lighting on site to ensure you can experience the dark skies so you will need a torch. However, we are happy to lend you a torch if you have come without one.
7. Our private bathroom has baby change facilities available.
8. We welcome Guide Dogs and Assistance Dogs in our shower block and glamping units.
9. We can collect guests from Haltwhistle train station or bus stop by prior arrangement.
10. We are happy to make telephone calls (dinner reservations/ taxi) on your behalf.
11. We can help with caravan or tent pitching and packing away/ safe caravan hitching/ checking.
12. If you have problems in getting out to do food shopping, then we are happy to do a local shopping trip for you.
13. We provide vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options in our café/ breakfast service and are happy to prepare non menu options with advanced notice.
14. We can provide good venue advice to guests with particular dietary requirements.
15. When you check in, we will give you timetable information for the AD122 bus which travels the Hadrian’s Wall route and has a bus stop at the end of our lane
16. Hexham based Eco-cabs has wheelchair access taxis – (01434 600600)
travellers' choice award
Here’s just a small collection of the reviews left on Tripadvisor by our recent guests. The feedback we receive means so much to us.
The idea that our campsite will live on in people’s photo albums and happy memories for years to come means a lot to us and drives us on to maintain the reputation we have.